Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Quinoa: I know it's not a country...but it sounds like one

Yes, I know it's really not a country. However, I've enjoyed this recipe so much I just feel like I need to share it with the world! Updates from Spain (which we did last weekend) will be forthcoming. In the meantime, make this granola. I have found it's easiest to just guesstimate the measurements when buying the ingredients at Bulk Barn, then you don't really even have to measure and it makes the whole thing come together quite quickly!

Ultimate Granola
~ makes 7 cups ~
From the Quinoa 365 cookbook (http://bit.ly/e8iAPQ) by Green and Hemming, 2011.

A. 2.5 cups large flake rolled oats
B. ¾ cup whole almonds
C. ½ cup pumpkin seeds
D. ½ cup sunflower seeds
E. 1/3 quinoa (uncooked)
F. ¼ cup flaked coconut
G. ¼ cup walnut pieces
H. ¼ cup sesame seeds
I. 1 cup maple syrup
J. 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
K. 2 tsp cinnamon
L. 1/3 cup dried cranberries
M. ¼ cup raisins

Directions:
Measure A-H into large bowl and mix well. Combine I and J in separate bowl and pour over dry mixture. Stir well. Sprinkle K into mixture. Spread out on baking sheet and cook at 225° for one hour. Cool. Add L and M into mixture after it has cooled. Granola stores for four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment